My everyday carry
The EDC trend is an annoying fetish about things. Accordingly, here’s mine.
This page probably contains affiliate links.
I also maintain another page for what other, more interesting people use.
- BigSkinny wallet: Cheap, thin, and last forever. I have a few different ones.
- AirTag: In my wallet, because I always
lose misplace it.
- These always go on sale, don’t pay full retail.
- Leatherman Skeletool: So lightweight, it’s like
carrying a pocket knife.
- Keys on a carabiner, hooked to belt loop
- AirPods Pro
- I also have a pair of AirPods 3 because the Pros are intolerable during running due to the whomp whomp.
- TNF Surge 2023 Backpack.
- I got the heather version because the fabric is a little thicker and still water-resistant.
- People have been coming down on TNF for lowering the quality of their backpacks, but this Surge is better-built than my decade old Surge. YMMV.
- Leatherman Wave (stowed in backpack)
- A MacBook Pro 16”
- A personal iPad Air M1
One or more of the following:
- GORUCK GR1 Original 26L: An excellent, bulletproof and highly-water resistant backpack. I’ve dragged it to work every day and up mountains and through mud and rainstorms.
- I’m not using it right now, because I wanted more internal pockets and external water bottle holders.
- I have a USA-built, but my Vietnam-built Rucker is on par or better-built than my GR1 – don’t sweat it.
TO BE CONTINUED!